Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy Anniversary

This upcoming week, my parents will celebrate 47 years together.  They are a wonderful example for our family.  It is rare that they are home, since they are always on the "go" doing something to make the most of their days.  They exhaust me just hearing about what they do, and they say they are retired.  Usually I make them a mushy, sentimental card, but this year I went for funny.  I actually used Sizzix card embossing dies and real poker chips and a deck of cards for the inside.  My Mom doesn't check my blog, but she does look at facebook.  I added some Crystal Accents on the eyeglasses.  My Dad doesn't have gray hair, but I thought it looked better on the image.  The sentiment is from TLC on the outside and Bugaboo on the inside.




Patterned Paper:  K & Company
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Stella and Gus marriage cards
Sentiment:  TLC, Create(see above for direct link)
Poker chips and cards: unknown
Twine:  Twinery
Embossing Folders:  Sizzix
Crystal Accents

Challenges
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - Sketch 45
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Digi Sketch - Love is Love (T)
Craft Your Passion - Ch. 249 Anything Goes


8 comments:

Heide said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is too funny, love the saying in side as well as the image on the front of the card. Great work, always love seeing your work. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Karen Hasheck said...

Love it​!​ Fabulous card!​ Thanks for sharing ​your talent​ with us at Through the Craft Room Door. Hope to see you again soon and good luck in the prize draw!


Penny said...

Hilarious take on the sketch! Love Stella and Gus! Really love the bright palette and fun details, like the cards and poker chips! :^)
Good for them! Gary and I will celebrate our 45th this May. Seems like only yesterday we were married, and it seems like a hundred years ago at the same time, lol! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Haha such a cute card thank you for joining us at Digi sketch challenge
Michelle DT

anne said...

Love this, I am sitting here chuckling to myself. This would have been a perfect image for my parents too.
Thank you for playing along with us again this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT.

Linda Anderson said...

Hahahaha!!!!! Hilarious!! Congrats to your parents, they are going to adore this card! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Linda

Joanna M. said...

Oh my gosh, this card made me giggle. Love Gus and Stella but your embellishments are what made this card for me. Great use of poker chips and cards. Thanks for sharing this with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
~Jo

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Congrats on being chosen as Bugaboo's Biggest Fan for their March newsletter (that's how I came across your blog)! I LOVE this card and will be casing this! I got this image recently with the intention of making an anniversary card for my in-laws. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Brenda

PS I am your newest follower and would love for you to follow my blog!