Friday, January 6, 2017

The true story

I have sat down several times in the past 24 hours to post this card and something comes up that I get pulled away....so I think I will finally get it done this time.  The wonderful sentiment is from TLC and the image is from Sasayaki Glitter and is for the Progressive Challenge.  I made my background paper by spraying 3 different colors of Glimmer Mist on a piece of Water Color Paper.
I finally got a chance to see my friend that surprised us with getting married last weekend, and it is their second marriage.  They have been together for several years so the thought was not surprising it was just that we found out about it on Facebook.  The reason they did it so quickly is so that then she would qualify for his health insurance so they got married before January 1 when she would have had to pay the premium on her insurance policy.  I get it, and I have been discussing that same thing with my boyfriend because health premiums are getting so costly.  He is already paying for a family plan since he is carrying his 23 year old daughter so I told him to marry wouldn't cost him anything extra because  he is already paying the family premium.  Not sure if he quite agrees, hehe.  He is committed to our relationship, but still getting over that his wife divorced him after 20 years of marriage.  So he has some unresolved issues, and men don't talk about their issues like women.  Just give us some wine and cheese and we can solve it in an hour.  It's sad, but I can easier spend money on crafting supplies than health insurance and to make it worse I am a nurse so I understand the importance of health care.  However, I like pretty ribbon and embellishments.......
So I need a man on a horse to carry me away as long as he can have a wagon for all my crafting supplies, hehe.  Now the real world it is a cold day in WI and I live in my own house with 3 naughty Siamese cats, and I have a wonderful boyfriend who lives 7 miles away in his house with 2 spoiled Siamese cats and we each have our own health plans.
Stay warm and enjoy your weekend....and it is finally posted!!!!



Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections; Artist's Loft Watercolor Paper
Stamp:  Sasayaki Glitter - Image 6
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Women and Flowers
Circle Punches:  EK Success
Butterfly Punches:  Martha Stewart
Bling:  Mark Richards
Stickles
Lace: Hobby Lobby
Angel Glimmer Mist Spray

Challenges
Sasayaki Glitter Challenge - Progressive Challenge #4
Crafty Sentiment - Something New (Lace & new image)
Cute Card Thursday - What's New? (Lace & new image)
CRAFT - Ch. 397 Recipe (1 image, 2 DP, 3 flowers)
Crafty Gals Corner - Ch. 104 Use something new (Lace & new image)

6 comments:

Fikreta said...

your card is very nice!

hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous card Lisa! Beautiful coloring and embellishments, too! Love the sentiment!

Brenda

Anna said...

Wowwww love this card!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
Anna

Jean said...

Great card, just love the sentiment.
Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT with our Recipe challenge.
Jean DT xx

Khristina Sorge said...

Fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along with the CRAFT recipe challenge this week!!

Rae Ann said...

Love the bright colors against the dark splash of the background. Such an adorable image!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Use Something New challenge.