Saturday, February 25, 2017

May your day be as Sweet as Cupcake Frosting

I've had this image colored for quite some time, but I just haven't put it together until tonight.  This is the image for the Sasayaki Glitter Progressive Challenge #7 - Cupcake Kitty, and the sentiment is from TLC.
I have three Siamese cats and I would usually like to color the cat that color, but it has been depressing that my male cat has been loosing weight lately.  I took him to the vet this fall and his labs were normal and she couldn't find anything wrong with him.  I took him back and to my shock he has lost 3 pounds and was down to 6.3 pounds!  She believes that he has an abdominal lymphoma and I didn't want to do a scan since it would take a week or two to have it performed so instead I wanted to start him on Prednisolone which is a steroid to try to help him feel better and buy us some time.  My son is in South Carolina until June which she didn't think it would buy him that much time.  She said it was not steroids for humans that would stimulate his appetite, but that doesn't seem to be the case he is now wanting snacks, treats and to eat.  I weighed him today one week later and he is 7 pounds.  So now I hope she is wrong and it is a gastritis and my denial will change if he begins to loose weight again.



Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollections
Stamp:  Sasayaki Glitter - Cupcake Kitty
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Day be as sweet as cupcake frosting
Divine Twine
Bling:  Mark Richards
Liquid Applique:  Red and Yellow

Challenges
Sasayaki Glitter - Progressive Challenge #7
Show us your pussies - Ch. 15 Kitty love
QKR - Ch. 232 Birthday cards
Aud Sentiments - Ch. 174 Animals + sentiment
Crafting from the Heart - Ch. 147 Anything Goes

11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love the sentiment.. have a good weekend.♥[aNNie]

Maria said...

What a fun card with the kitten on the cupcake!! Awesome sentiment, too!! And, thanks so much for stopping by my blog with your sweet comments!! Have a great weekend!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh no, Lisa Lynn, this makes me so sad. He lost a lot of weight but it sounds like the steroids might be working so let's hope they are. I know how much you love your kitties. You did a beautiful job with this cute cupcake kitty! Such an adorable card and fun sentiment! Sending hugs for your furbaby!

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Your card is so adorable Lisa! Fabulous coloring and papers! So sorry to hear about your fur baby! Hopefully he continues to improve!

Brenda

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Back again with my DT hat on! Perfect sentiment for this sweet image! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Brenda DT

Chrissy said...

Super cute card Lisa Lynn and so glad your kitty is feeling better..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Fikreta said...

love this sweet card!

chrissy xx said...

What a lovely sentiments this is..LOve your colours too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
Chrissyxx

Creative world said...

Super adorable image,beautiful coloring and lovely design...thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments,hope to see you again
Zeljka DT xx

ike said...

Lovely colourful card - super DPs and I love that little kitty image :-D
So sorry to hear about your kitty. I hope the steroids do him good and that the vets are wrong about him xxx

Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

Purrs
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Unknown said...

This card is so sweet with all the color and the cupcake paper is just the perfect touch with your image. The sentiment is one I've not seen before and I'm sure the recipient is just as sweet as this card.
Thank you for entering your art at Aud's Sentiments.
Good luck - Christine DT