Saturday, April 22, 2017

First Friend Best Friend Forever

My Mother's Birthday is in the beginning of May and I made this birthday card for her using a stamp that I got from Unity.  I had several of there stamps from years ago, but when the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop came out and when a fellow blogger and a past DT member that I worked with Cynthia had a Unity posting I saw some of the newer stamps and fell in love with them.  I picked up this set called, First Friend, Best Friend Forever which is not listed on the site and they recently had it as a freebie if you ordered a certain amount of stamps so I'm not sure if it is still available.  I just love the sentiment, which I put on the inside of the card.  My Mom doesn't come on my blog so she won't see it.  I added some white butterflies and pearly accents to the card besides I used Derwent Watercolor pencils instead of Copics.  I put green bling on the card since her birthday is in May and the birthstone is Emerald and to match the leaves.


inside of card


Cardstock:  Recollections; Bazzil
Watercolor Paper:  Artist's Loft
Stamp:  Unity - First Friend, Best Friend, Forever
Sentiment:  Verve - Simply Amazing
Ink:  Distress - Black Soot; Seedless preserves
Embossing Folder:  We Are Memory Keepers
Ribbon:  Michael's
Bling:  Paper Studio
Punch:  Martha Stewart
Dermont Watercolor Pencils
Tim Holtz Water color brush
Pearly Accents

Challenges
Allsorts - Wk 412 I spy something with "B" (Birthday, Bouquet, butterflies, bling, bow, blue, buds)
RRR - Ch. 162 Put a bow on it
Aud sentiment - Ch. 178 Use a stamp for your sentiment
4CC - Ch. 347 Butterflies
DDD - Birthday (Happy 50th to Lisa)
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 474 Birthdays
Creatalicious - Ch. 113 Birthday
The Card Concept - Ch. 71 Fresh Flutters (Clean and Layered)




20 comments:

Christine said...

Such a sweet sentiment! I really like soft watercolor look of your card. So glad you joined the butterfly challenge at Four Crafty Chicks this week.
Christine
Guest DT
http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

brenda said...

Goodness me Lisa, you really have come up with lots of 'B's and it's such a pretty card as well. Thanks so much for joining in our 'I spy' theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Gorgeous card Lisa Lynn! Beautiful coloring and I love the inside verse! I'm sure your mom will LOVE it!

Brenda

Tina Z. said...

So beautiful.

Fikreta said...

so nice!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, Lisa-Lynn. Thanks so much for sharing in our Put A Bow On It Challenge. Have a blessed week, and please join us again soon.
Karen L
Really Reasonable Ribbon

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a pretty card! So feminine! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious, good luck!!! Amy DT

Julie Gearinger said...

I am sure that your Mother will love this sweet card! The emerald bling is the perfect finishing touch as well as that wonderful sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept- hugs and I hope you are able to play along with us again in the future!

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card Lisa Lynn, love the flowers!
Hugs, Sherry x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely sentiment and a most gorgeous card.
Thanks for taking time to comment while I was away on my scheduled posts. Greatly appreciated.
[aNNie]

Furrbster said...

This is a really sweet sentiment,

Thanks for participating in our Stamp the Sentiment challenge at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Chriss America Real said...

This card is beautiful Lisa . I love the sentiment , I'm sure your mother will love it too.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa Lynn and I love that sentiment..wonderful.

luv CHRISSYxx

susiestacey said...

A lovely card and perfect for this weeks challenge.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'I Spy ' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sandy said...

Wonderful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy

Monica taylor said...

Beautiful card.
♥ Monica
Be sure to check out the link up party with lots of prizes!
My personal Blog - Taylormadecards4u

Judy Rozema said...

What a sweet card for your mother. Thank you for linking up at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional birthday” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…