Friday, April 7, 2017

Time to relax

It sounds so simple, but it always seems like we talk about it, but just never do it.  I made a card for a friend for her birthday who I hope gets a chance to do just that even if it is to get some rest/sleep.  This is the image for the Progressive Challenge at Sasayaki Glitter and they also have a yellow challenge.  I made this a center step card which is one of my favorite layouts.
I'm hoping for some time to relax and I don't want to clean and unpack since my Dad has helped me move my computer from the living room into area that was my husband's office.  Since he passed away it has taken me quite some time to clean it out.  We painted the room a light gray and a drop ceiling was put in so the plumbing to my upstairs bathrooms could be accessed if need (has happened several times since the plumbing is over 30 years old).  He also put in some LED lights so the room is nice and BRIGHT.  He woodwork has all been stained and varnished so it truly is a new room.  This is just for my computer and printer not where I make my cards.








Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe
Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamp:  Sasayaki Glitter - Sleeping Beauties
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Time to relax
Punches:  EK Success
Ribbon:  Michael's
Lace:  Hobby Lobby
Flowers:  Recollection

Challenges
Sasayaki Glitter - Progressive Challenge #10
Sasayaki Glitter - April color yellow
RRR - Ch. 161 Flowers with ribbon/trim
4CC - Ch. 345 Flowers
As You Like It - Favorite Card Base and Why?  (Center step card, extra folds and is simple to use, able to use several design papers)
Penny's Paper Crafty - Ch. 323 Anything Goes
Show us your pussies - Ch. 17 Furrything Goes
Quirky Crafts - Ch. 2 Quirky Pets

15 comments:

Jane Willis said...

A beautiful card - I love that image, the cat sleeping on her head really made me smile! Thank you for joining us at Quirky Crafts
Jane

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Lisa-Lynn! I love that image, and the flowers are beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along in our current challenge.
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Elaine Stark said...

A great choice of shaped card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Pat K said...

Beautiful center card Lisa Lynn..love those kitties. What a great computer room you have too. Pat K x

Christine said...

What a wonderful fold you have used, and I love the sentiment. It is such a blessing to be able to relax. So glad you joined the challenge at Four Crafty Chicks this week.
Christine
Guest DT
http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Loose Stitches said...

Such a beautiful card, she looks so comfy with her kitties! What a great room for your computer and crafting. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Crafty Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely step card and cute image used. Love to have a bright room too and this looks just fabulous.x ♥[aNNie]

Fikreta said...

your card is so nice

Furrbster said...

This is really lovely - and the room looks fantastic! So sorry for your loss though.

Thanks for linking up at Quirky Crafts,
Hugz Tinz

ike said...

A beautiful sunny card :-) I love your new space. So sorry to hear of your loss :-( Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP CATS CHALLENGES :-)

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Chrissy said...

Lovely bright card Lisa Lynn and love the bright room too..I just rearranged my space yesterday [Sunday] now my desk is under the window..and what a difference.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Edwina said...

Terrific digi! My cat always wanted my arm around her with her head on my shoulder. Cats are such funny creatures, so your image made me smile as I know cats really do get on folks heads. Edwina Brown

Leanne said...

Wonderful, great flower paper and the image is very lovely.
Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, wonderful.
Leanne DT/4CC

Sue - said...

A lovely step card, I'm sure your friend loved it! Thanks for joining in at Quirky Craft Challenge.

cherry said...

So sweet...thanks for playing with us at RRR!